(717) 664-7575

1785 Stone farm house restoration, “Parlor,” Chester County, PA

In what was originally a dining room, evidence of a former floor-to-ceiling corner cupboard was clearly seen. After some selective demolition, paint profiles were found on the ceiling joists. The side profiles were evident on the walls, and the flooring revealed information about the base. It took an equal amount of detective work to determine the true original door style and transom, as well as the window sash configurations. The long-abandoned house yielded only one original interior door which we used as a pattern for the cupboard doors and to reproduce all other interior room doors.